Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Encouraging Baby to Come

I had another appointment yesterday afternoon. Davin was able to come this time because it was late in the day and because I made him. I saw Vicky for the second time and she tried stripping my membranes again. I was pretty nervous because I remembered the pain from last time. I almost told her to skip it, because who knows if this really does anything, you know? But it really helped to have Davin there. It also seemed easier to reach because she got it this time, and the pain was hard but wasn't unbearable. Okay, I can do this.

Vicky guesses that baby is around 8.5 lbs right now. That matches up with the 8 lb guess last week since babies gain about .5 lbs every week at the end. Of course, they can be way off in their guesses. One thing I found interesting is that baby has twisted around so his back is on my right side instead of my left. He's been facing the other way the whole time so that really surprised me. I did feel his feet on the left side later in the day which felt weird. They've always been on the right. Whatcha doin'? Maybe his twisting his way down further.

We got the induction pushed back. It's now scheduled for Saturday night, July 19th. Well, I guess it would kind of be Sunday morning since we'd go in at midnight. Weird time. What about sleeping? At least we're not planning to have him on our anniversary unless he picks that day. They'll do a nonstress test on the 17th just to check and make sure he's okay. I like that idea better. If everything looks really good, maybe I'll have them push back the induction further. We'll see. So next week something's happening every other day: Tuesday - check up with Tom Lloyd, Thursday - nonstress test, Saturday - induction (maybe).

We're doing what we can to encourage him to come. Even eating spicy food at Baiyok's, a Thai restaurant, down the street. Tara's water broke a few hours after eating there. No such luck with me... yet. We're also talking to him and telling him how great it is outside, but I don't know if he's listening. :)

1 comment:

LeRoy Lee said...

Children just never listen.