Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cheap Clothes!

I always have my eye out for good prices on kid’s clothes because every time I turn around Desmond needs a new wardrobe.  By “good” I mean $2 or so.  Yes, I am cheap.  Every now and then I go into my favorite consignment shop Once Upon a Child and now is the time for their winter clearance.  They have a huge bag sale twice a year where you can get all the clearance clothes you can stuff in a bag for $15, but it’s a crazy busy event and you have to go in with lots of patience to wrestle the crowd, plus last time I didn’t find any worthwhile 3T stuff.  This sale is better for infant clothes where you can make quite a haul.

IMG_2802Before this huge sale they mark down all their clearance to $1 so that’s when I like to shop.  I went the other day to look for shirts for Desmond.  Almost all his 3T stuff is getting too short in the torso and arms.  I found a few things for him, but there’s just not much clearance in his size.  Then I moved on to peruse the baby girl clothes and they have tons of it!  I was especially excited about a cute embroidered jacket and a red velvet dress I got for only a dollar each!  I had to limit myself to only the really cute things because I can always go back and get lots of girl stuff at the bag sale on February 5th.  I ended up leaving with a bag full of clothes for both Desmond and baby and I saved $50 off the regular consignment prices which are considerably lower than retail to begin with.  Hurray for good deals!

No comments: