Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tiny Baby Clothes and Shrinking Maternity Clothes

I made quite a haul at the consignment clearance sale last Saturday. I got there about twenty minutes early and waited in line with about thirty other people to get in when they opened. I've already gone through Desmond's old clothes so I knew what sizes I still needed. I grabbed anything cute I saw and ended up with one bag full of 56 items all for only $15. I saved $147 off of the original consignment prices. By the time I left the clearance racks were just about empty so I'm glad I got there when I did. I feel good about what I got and it's nice to know she'll have some pink girly things to wear, too. I probably won't do any more clothes shopping for her unless I find I need something else after she's born.

In other news I'm just feeling huge these days! I updated my picture on the right sidebar today. I don't just get the little belly like some of the other pregnant gals I see at church who are due before me and are about half my size. Nope. Everything gets huge on me and I'm now solidly in the 200s. I know it's bad when Desmond starts lifting my shirt in the back and poking my back fat and laughing. Yeah. I chose to laugh with him, but I feel like I could cry. Some of my maternity clothes are starting to not fit, and I'm wearing a fake ring now since my fingers even get fat. Blah. And I have three more months to expand! I'm going to be right back where I started when this is done with about two years of weight loss in front of me. Maybe I can speed it up and do it in one year but that's probably not entirely realistic.

No comments: