Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Monthly Checkup

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday. They checked my glucose levels and thankfully, they're fine. Our midwife, Tom Lloyd, says the baby seems to be happy since a moving baby is a happy baby. He was moving so much yesterday! Of course that could have been from the sugar blast I got for my glucose test. Tom says the baby is around the 3 lb range from what he could tell, and his head is still down like I thought. It's weird to think he's riding around upside down all the time, but he must be planning ahead like his mom does.

I was surprised at how much weight I've gained so far. No wonder I feel so heavy! I am heavy! I've gained almost 40 lbs already, and pictures always surprise me, too. I guess I don't feel as big as I look... or more accurately, I feel big, but I don't think I should. I eyeball a space between chairs in the cafeteria, and then I don't fit through like I used to, and I can't suck it in. Tom said not to worry as long as I'm staying active and making good eating choices. I'll just gain whatever I need to gain. It's just weird to adjust to a changing body. At least I'll have a great "before" picture to compare with my weight loss after baby comes.

1 comment:

gleefulgirl said...

it might be because the site was having trouble, but I think your link to Tom doesn't work for non-members to kaiser. just fyi. :)