Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Baby Spinning

As I'm researching vaginal birth I'm learning new things about my first labor.  Desmond and I labored 46 hours before he came out via cesarean.  I came across the website spinningbabies.com and the more I read the more I see how Desmond's poor positioning was stalling my labor.  I even read about a swollen cervix on the site which I'd never heard of before and was told it meant I had to deliver via cesarean five and a half years ago.  Not so.  If I had someone who knew ways to encourage proper baby positioning I could have had a very different experience.  Desmond was posterior and couldn't descend properly.

I want to try again.  I'm learning some exercises and stretches I can do even now to encourage proper baby positioning.  I want to chat with my midwife about it tomorrow.  I wonder if they "spin" babies or have other input on what I can do now and during labor.  It would be so nice to birth this baby all in one day.  I'm willing to stand on my head to do it.

No comments: