Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pain

About 20 days left.  I should be loving this unique, only-going-to-happen-once time with my baby.  There are moments I love feeling him or her twirling, stretching, and kicking inside, but more and more I'm feeling done.  When this little one is awake it's constant motion.  My body is not my own.  

The worst of it by far is my pelvic pain.  I don't like saying my pain is bad, but really there are times it's severe.  And it's getting worse.  By the end of the day I shuffle across the room and sometimes have to stop completely to catch my breath.  It's brought me to tears. Laying down only helps if I don't have to move... at all.  I can barely roll over in bed, walking and getting dressed hurt, and last night trying to hang curtains in the nursery I couldn't lift my leg to step on a low stool.  The pain was too intense.  Any motion where I'm moving one leg at a time is excruciating.

I did talk about it with my midwife yesterday, and she said I could go to physical therapy, but I'm unfamiliar with my new insurance and have to figure out if I need an official referral or not before I can go.  She wasn't worried about it affecting labor, but I am.  It's that bad.  Today I'm icing mid-day whereas I usually I can get by without needing that until evening.  

20 days.  Hopefully relief will come quickly after delivery.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh man, pregnancy is so painful. I did try physical therapy with my first but had to get a referral from a primary care doctor (not my OB) which was annoying because I didn't have one.

Relief did come very quickly after my babies were born!

I'm sorry you are in so much pain though. You are doing a great job growing that baby!

Melissa said...

The pain was much more tolerable after wearing my maternity brace all day. It's uncomfortable after awhile, but that's better than barely being able to walk by the end of the day.