Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Friday, March 14, 2008

Bradley Method

Yesterday was my second Bradley class and Davin's first (he was sick last week). We're planning on having our baby as naturally as possible, and we've had several friends take this class with good results. I've always wanted to have a natural birth without drugs ever since Mom told me about her four birth experiences, and how the all natural birth was by far the best. It helps to be informed about what choices we have in the birthing process, what to expect, and how to best prepare. This week I've been working on nutrition and exercise. The healthier I am the easier it will be for me and the baby. Dessert is still my weakness, though! Last night we talked more about the role of the coach. Davin is my birth coach, and I know he will do a great job supporting and encouraging me during labor although he's a bit leery about the messiness of it all. It's weird to think that day is coming. Sometimes I still wonder if this is all for real.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I don't know if you're notified about comments, and since this is an old post, don't know if you'll get it, but that's okay. :) I just wanted to say that I have no regrets about having a natural labor. From what I've heard from other people, labors that are "tampered" with can get increasingly more so as you go on (think snowball effect) and you tend to have a longer recovery period. Granted, my labor was quite short, so going natural wasn't as hard as it could've been, but I'm thankful the Lord allowed me that experience. I pray your labor - no matter how it went - went smoothly!