Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hospital Tour

Last night at 6pm we had our hospital tour. I've never been a patient in a hospital before so this will be weird. I've been looking forward to seeing where all the action's going to take place! And, of course, this was the evening the MAX decided to break down so Davin was frantically trying to find a way home. I ended up putting dinner back in the fridge, driving downtown to get him and then going directly to Sunnyside all on an empty tank of gas. (Thankfully, empty isn't really empty!) We made it right on time. Whew! This also gave us a good scenario to talk through for the big day.

The new labor, delivery, recovery rooms are nice! I really like Kaisers birth philosophy. They seem very supportive of natural births, staying out of bed as much as possible, and moving around a lot. I definitely don't want to be tied to the bed! Also, the baby stays with you all the time. I'm already feeling very protective of my time and nearness to the baby as I imagine him being on the outside. Wow... this is really going to happen!

No comments: