Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Thursday, June 12, 2008

36 Weeks

I had another prenatal appointment yesterday. I had Gina come with me (since Davin's stuck at work during the day) so that was nice not being by myself like usual and kind of added to the excitement of the coming birth. We had a good talk with the midwife. I really like Tom Lloyd! He shows a genuine interest in my birth and helping me achieve my goals. He felt the baby again and confirmed that baby's back is facing my left side. I thought so. I feel his little feet and knees on my right side all the time, and I like to pat his butt. Tom says baby is around the 6.5 lb range and in the 75 percentile. He wants me to keep watching what I eat so baby doesn't gain too much weight, and I've only gained 2 lbs in the last 5 weeks so I think we're doing pretty good.

I told Tom that a lot of my pregnant friends talk about Braxton Hicks contractions, but I didn't think I was having any. He said I definitely was. I just can't feel them, which may end up being a good thing. I know I'll definitely feel real contractions, but Tom suggested I may have a higher pain tolerance and that's why I don't feel the practice ones. We'll see. I've kinda been feeling a bit anxious about labor. This is going to hurt!

I'll be going in for a check-up every week from now on, which makes me excited. Yay! I like hearing his heartbeat and finding out that everything's going well.

My co-worker who is 10 days ahead of me (due June 30) had her baby yesterday! Wow. I guess her water broke about 30 minutes after I visited with her on Wednesday afternoon. Davin and I are now like, "Are we ready just in case we go a few weeks early, too?" Weird thought. I still think baby Studer is going to be late if anything. He is starting to drop, though. I'm a few inches lower and can't fit over the kitchen counters as well as I used to.

No comments: