Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Big Secret

We've decided that parents should be the first to know, so we're not telling anyone else right now. It's been really tough not to say anything! We've decided to host Thanksgiving at our house, and we're trying really hard to get Davin's mom and dad to both come. We're going to reveal the new addition to our family then.

Here's some situations that have come up where it was really hard not to say anything yet:

Gina has been helping me stay on track with eating and exercise. We are working together to loose a little weight. We kind of both got off track last week and Gina gave me a gentle reprimand. She's been sick, but then said to me, "So, what's your excuse?" I said, "I don't have one. Thanks for getting me back on track." (What I didn't say... Well, I've been distracted because... I'm pregnant! And now I'm supposed to increase my calorie intake by 300 a day, so while I'm still going to eat healthy, trying to loose weight is now out of the question!)

On Friday, I had lunch with Kerrin who knows I've really been struggling with trying to conceive for a long time. She asked me how it was going, and sympathized with me that this is really hard! So trying to not sound too chipper I told her, "Yeah, but I know it's all in God's time, and I'm actually doing okay with the waiting right now." (What I didn't say... Because God's time is now! I'm pregnant!)

When I called Mom to switch Thanksgiving to our place I asked if it would be okay that we weren't at their house to help decorate for Christmas the day after. Mom said that was fine because she's thinking of doing it smaller this year and doesn't want to do the whole big Christmas decorating until grandkids come along. Then she'll deck the house all out again. (What I didn't say... Well, then you better do it smaller this year because it's your last Christmas without grandkids!)

One and a half weeks and the word will be out. (It is kind of weird posting to a blog that no one's reading yet.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's so hard to KNOW and not be able to say anything! And you managed to wait a couple weeks - amazing! We only waited a few days, and as it was, Nathan's brother said later that he could tell we were pregnant (during that time we didn't say anything) just from my face somehow. ;)