Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

First Prenatal Visit

We had our first prenatal visit this morning! I saw a nurse practitioner, Kim, and she was really nice and took time to explain things to us and answer our questions. She even gave me my first ultrasound and we got to see our little baby! You could actually see heart beating as a little flash of light, so it's definitely there and it's alive. Now we have one of those pictures where the expectant parents can see the baby, but everyone else only sees some blobs. Everyone can probably see the little circle next to the baby which is the yoke sac. It's providing nutrients until the placenta can fully take over. Amazing, isn't it? The ultrasound confirmed that conception happened a bit later in my cycle like I thought, so I'm actually only around 6 weeks along. The new tentative due date is July 17... uh, that would be our anniversary. I guess going on that cruise for our 4th is out of the question.

5 comments:

gleefulgirl said...

yeah!! Baby Studer, I see you! Soooooo excited for you both! Can't wait to meet baby - as I'm sure you can't. Isn't hearing the heartbeat great? Made me cry every time, then again, could've been the hormones. :)
Love you Melissa!

Beth said...

The first baby picture? Is the baby smiling? I can't wait to see more!

McLane said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you! You are going to love being a mommy.

Beka said...

What a beautiful "blob."

K said...

Yeah! I can't wait to tell Tre. We're so happy for you guys!

Tre and Kelly