Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Monday, April 4, 2011

36 Weeks Then and Now

IMG_2949IMG_1551-1

It’s fun to compare my belly now with how it was with Desmond.  It almost looks like my belly was bigger then, but maybe it’s how I’m standing.  That reminds me – the other day at my 34 week check up I lost 2 pounds from the previous check up.  I know I have to keep growing, but it made me feel good to weigh less.  It’s hard to get out of the mindset of losing weight = good.  I’m curious to see how much I weigh at tomorrow’s check up.

Today I’m 36 weeks exactly.  I have another headache for the 12th day in a row.  Yes, it’s getting old!  It comes on fast like clockwork around 10am and it takes the Tylenol about an hour to ease the pain.  I’m really curious to find out what the doctor says tomorrow.  I’m feeling a little paranoid about everything being okay.  I keep checking for her movement and when I don’t feel anything for awhile I try to wake her up.  Every time I do kick counts, though, I always make it to 10 well before an hour is up so everything must be fine.

We have a busy week this week: tomorrow is my 36 week check up, Wednesday I have another non-stress test, Thursday is MOMS Group, and Friday all of Davin’s parents are arriving to attend his black belt ceremony on Saturday.  Everyone will be staying at our house through Sunday which will be fun, but that means I have a lot of cleaning to do this week.  I’m looking forward to Desmond getting some grandparent time and having some fresh energy to play with.  Hopefully the grandparents are ready for that!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Your belly looked higher with Desmond. Isn't it supposed to be that girls are carried higher?

Melissa said...

I don't remember which way it's supposed to be, but I noticed that too. Maybe it's the second baby thing. Everything shifts down since it's been pre-stretched? :)