Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lilac Nursery

 

IMG_2928IMG_2931

My parents came up last weekend and helped me paint the nursery.  It only took us about three hours.  Amazing what extra hands can do!  The name of the paint is “Sassy Lilac” and it turned out really pretty.  I also sewed the curtains yesterday.  They’re purple with butterflies on them. 

It’s been fun pulling out all the baby stuff.  The dresser is stocked with diapers, burp clothes, crib sheets, and tiny pink clothes.  I like opening the drawers and just looking at them.  Desmond has enjoyed helping me unpack and set up the baby stuff.  It brings back so many memories of bringing him home.  The other day we put together the swing, and Desmond loves all the different music settings.  I wonder how much of this he really understands. Life is about to change!  It feels much more real having a girly nursery all ready and waiting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very sweet Melissa! Isn't it so much fun decorating for a girl?! I already have so many "girlie" plans if this little bun is a girl one. (o: Congratulations and hang on! ~Clara