Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hospital Tour

Yesterday we toured Southwest Washington Medical Center to see what the Family Birthing Center was like. It seems more real seeing where she'll be born. I kept thinking, "I'll be back here next week to actually give birth!" I got my admission paperwork all filled out so we're ready to go.

The main difference from Kaiser Sunnyside is that at Southwest you stay in the same room the whole time. The facility is smaller overall, though I think the individual rooms are bigger, and the waiting areas are off the same hallways as the rooms. At Sunnyside the waiting area, delivery rooms, and recovery rooms are all separate. I like that all the rooms at Southwest overlook a garden or green area, too. It feels a little more homey.

I need to write up a birth plan and Davin and I need to officially finalize her name, but other than that everything is ready. I even finished up some more dinners for the freezer today. I'm hoping she'll come in the next six days so I don't have to deal with more cesarean conversations. We'll see!

No comments: