Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Today's Check Up

I had my 36 week check up today. Baby still looks great. Dr. Wright talked to me about my chances for a successful VBAC and according to the calculator they use, I have about a 48% chance of a successful VBAC. Hmm. She said that's right on the edge of whether or not they suggest trying for one, but at this point it's still a go for a vaginal birth. Generous estimates put the baby at about 9 lbs 3 oz at birth. Another big baby! She said if I don't follow the normal "labor curve" though, they'd suggest a cesarean earlier on in labor. We'll just have to wait and see. At least I feel emotionally and mentally prepared for another cesarean if it turns out that way.

We talked again about my headaches and liver tests. Dr. Wright doesn't think I have preeclampsia because I only have elevated liver function, but my blood pressure and platelet counts are normal and if I had preeclampsia they wouldn't be. Still they took more blood today to run the tests again. Also she said the headaches associated with preeclampsia are not helped by Tylenol and mine ease up with it so that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear you don't have pre-e! I was thinking about you today.