Bun #3

pregnancy calendar

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Some Improvement

Wednesday I had another non-stress test and lab work done. For the first time in a month one of my liver function results came back in the normal range and the other was still high but lower than before. Yeay! Also I don't think I've had a headache the last two days. Okay I did notice a very slight one last night while I was grocery shopping but in comparison it's like not having one at all.

I stopped taking my asprin on Monday because the doctor has told me this is the worst of my medications for breastfeeding and it takes about two weeks to get out of my system completely. I've been on it to reduce my stroke risk which was really low when I was in a-fib and my heart has been beating normally so I don't think the tiny (if any) benefit is worth breastfeeding it to my baby. I can't help but wonder if going off of that has helped my overworked liver.

It's so strange to think that in a matter of days we'll have a daughter! I still can't wrap my mind around it. I feel like I'll just go on being pregnant, and it's strange answering inquisitive strangers that I'm due in a week. I've been having a few intense dreams this week about my water breaking, contractions and heading to the hospital. Then I wake up disappointed that labor hasn't started yet. I remember having these kinds of dreams earlier with Desmond.

Monday we have a hospital tour at Southwest Washington Medical Center. We'll get my admission paperwork done and see how things run here. I wonder what labor and delivery will be like? I'm not set on any particular series of events and feel much more ready to go with the flow. I'm not the one in control anyway!

No comments: